• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rotterdam snapshot

ashik ikbal

94.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Once again,

Where does this page come from? You are posting many places at once pages from a book! Why?

james sperry

i don't understand either, this photo along with 'tv' and 'before full scale', all feel like they are coming from a power point presentation for an academic project or a resume. not that this is a bad thing if that is the case. i just don't understand why the seperate threads for these three layouts and what purpose they serve for you.

ashik ikbal

this pages are not ppt. i have designed the layout for your convenience. as an amateur photographer i have posted few of my collection shots from Rotterdam in a single layout. it will be helpful to have comments on the merit (technic + aesthetic) of the photos.

..the subject itself
..the balance of the image
..the colors
..the light situation
..the framing
and so on....

the way they are framed or composed to exhibit getting more importance interestingly !

you are right James, i could have submit all three plates in a single thread. thanks.

james sperry

this pages are not ppt. i have designed the layout for your convenience. as an amateur photographer i have posted few of my collection shots from Rotterdam in a single layout. it will be helpful to have comments on the merit (technic + aesthetic) of the photos.

..the subject itself
..the balance of the image
..the colors
..the light situation
..the framing
and so on....

the way they are framed or composed to exhibit getting more importance interestingly !

you are right James, i could have submit all three plates in a single thread. thanks.

sorry for the long wait on the reply ( i keep getting logged out if i don't post my comments quickly ... lol)

i tried to comment on everything you were looking for. i'm glad i was logged out because the comments probably WERE NOT what you are looking for.... lol

the comments i tried to post pretty much boiled down to, "at my level, they are confusing to understand". but, i would like to say that they left me with a desire to go to the site and see it for myself. just to see in person what intrigues you about this/these buildings. i think it may have been that some of the images felt incomplete and left me wanting to see more. hope that helps you a little.

please understand this is from an "average person" veiwpoint and not from a "graphic design" viewpoint.