• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fred and Mildred take Manhattan by storm...

John Angulat

pro member
I came across this shot I had taken of a couple who appeared out of place and seemed to be wandering aimlessly.
They struck me as a nice old couple, from just east of nowhere, traveling to the big city for the first time.

I thought I'd try to give them an old postcard look. I kind of like it.

postcard.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

I'd guess they're from the S.W. of nowhere! They look like they have found what they had always talked about visiting. "Greetings from N.Y. We finally made it!"

One makes a list of things to do before retiring to one's coffin! Looks like they are on a stop-over from that visit to Paris, so there you have two places already crossed off the "to do" list! Maybe it's a second marriage or her birthday. She has a flower pinned to her dress so likely they are celebrating still.

Asher

Andy brown

At very first glance, the guy's jacket made me chuckle and I was reminded of an old joke ( tasteless mind you ) Why do americans talk so loudly?...To be heard above their clothes!
But then I realised the tie is of the Eiffel Tower and her dress looks like a souvenir from India or Sri Lanka so they're obvously tourists doing a world trip.

I'm trying to work out where they're from and I'm clueless. Maybe from Florida!?

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Guess

Ah you guess they are Americans being in New York, but, Actually to me, they look more like the European tourists I have seen in the German countryside.

Andy brown

Avoiding the temptation to generalize( maybe not) or be plain rude, the chappy does have a certain austere set to his jaw but her nice shoes and funky bangles suggest Northern Italy for some reason.
I don't think we'll ever know but it's fun to guess.