• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

GQ Meets DQ (another one for the girls)

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Will_Thompson_C_2009_256A0594.jpg

Nag, Nag, Nag, What did I do right?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Will,

The picture of your model is fine. Kudos again!

Here I don't like the steel coming from his head as it's essentially a point, more like a blob of red and stops eye movement. I do, however, love the parallel pattern of the proximal steel column and the model with the bolt on the vertical steel acting as a repeat of the head of the man. I'd prefer the verticals were lined up with the steel and model being upright and really parallel!

So here, please consider removing the red above his head!

Otherwise a splendid photograph. I love to see these pictures as we can escape obvious beauty and share ideas on construction of a dynamic composition.

I'd like to hear more on just that!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Will,

The picture of your model is fine. Kudos again!.................
Asher
Hi Will,

I must return to modify my comment. I am so thrilled to see we can include work with male models and I like your work but now I am looking again!

I do have some niggles that should be mentioned or else it would appear that I do need new glasses. Focus appears to be on the left side of the coat. How could I have missed that! This is important. The eyes and face should be in focus unless one is selling the jacket.

A small point but critical to allow me to pat you on the back so much.

Could you show more with the eyes in focus. Maybe we can get a discount and we both get new glasses together, LOL!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Will,

And you should be ashamed to have flouted the well-recognized rule about not using CWA metering on Shabbat.

Actually, I once broke a CWA picket line (I drove some of the pickets - long-time buddies of mine - to it, by the way; it was part of a car-pooling arrangement.)

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

Here is a quick and dirty edit on the low rez highly artefacted jpg.

1) Smoothed the skin
2) Added catchlights to eyes
3) Removed the column
4) Selectively focussed/sharpened the face and the shirt

Original (left) vs edit (right):
Will_Thompson_C_2009_256A0594.jpg
Will_Thompson_C_2009_256A0594-edit.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Here is a quick and dirty edit on the low rez highly artefacted jpg.

1) Smoothed the skin
2) Added catchlights to eyes
3) Removed the column
4) Selectively focussed/sharpened the face and the shirt

5) Somehow made face look a little fatter (he looked awfully emaciated, originally) (interesting illusion!)

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

Hi, Cem,

5) Somehow made face look a little fatter (he looked awfully emaciated, originally) (interesting illusion!)

Best regards,

Doug
Welcome to the wonders of the digital age, where everything goes. ;-)

Cheers,

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

Hi, Cem,

Best regards,

Doug
Hi Doug,

I guess it has to do with the sharpening of the face which separates it a bit more from the wall at the background, so it looks as if it is larger. Also, smoothing the skin had the side effect of reducing the shadow lines and creating the illusion of a bit more fat beneath the skin.

Just my wild guess anyway ;-)

Cheers,