• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Face, hands and feet...

fahim mohammed

Does this count as a portrait?

p531376583.jpg

Reneem's brother looks while my daughter ( flew in from Alberta ) gives Raneem a oil massage.
The barely visible feet belong to my grand daughter Mariyam ( flew in from Texas with her little
brother ).

Pure family..pure joy.

Regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Why Would We like An Incompletely Drawn Picture?

“Don’t play what’s there, play what’s not there.” Miles Davis

I quote this because what you have shown here are elements sufficent for us to build a pretty complete picture if we are willing to devote focus to what is between the features disclosed. Miles Davis was known for bring intense focus to his music. Just as listening requires attention, so does observing need recruiting all ones abilites, not being passive and just accepting merely what observable. The great mysteries and expanded expeience of art is only fully realized when one can devote this effort to resolving beyond what reaches our senses. We have to contribute too!

So to your picture, Fahim. You are right in trusting us. Indeed, it's not at all necessary to show the particular woman's face. Could she be any more caring?

Miles Davis is said to have played "between the notes". Here, uniquely, we have a scene of a family showing love for an infant. That it's a little girl or boy is not important either. That hand is as gentle and noble as could be. The gesture is beautifully made. There's no tension only tenderness. The slightly rolled up cuff of her blouse could come from a Flemish painting. Yes, the light on the hand is rather bright. That could be tone down starting again from the RAW file.The light on the scarf is well done. The boy's gaze can be imagined as if we saw both eyes. We realize, there's one more person. Do we see toes or more fingers, we're not sure! Should that be seen? I am not certain.

There are more of this series of pictures, for sure. If this is the best rendition we don't know. However, it's interesting that one can convery such a lot by providing so little.

I'd like to see others taken at the same time. I'm sure there's a balance going on between art and disclosure. I apprecaite the struggle and this result. The entire non-cropped scene must have been magnificent!

Thanks for sharing this elegant and novel style of picture!

Asher