• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wasn't I good enough?

fahim mohammed

Hate at first sight....

p48788133.jpg

Best.

fahim mohammed

Hi Andy,

Nothing to be sorry about..a valid observation. Helps me improve.

Now, how would you suggest i could improve the picture to convey this situation?

Regards.

Hmmm!,...two kids, two eyebrows!

Whoops, sorry,...SORRY!
I'm sure they're very cute up close.

james sperry

Now, how would you suggest i could improve the picture to convey this situation?

Regards.

hello fahim,
personally, i like the picture that you have posted. but, i don't see a child thinking he isn't good enough. i see a two brothers with curiousity of eachother.
but, if i was to attempt to convey this situation ..... in my mind, i see a family holding a newborn with the oldest son standing off to the side in solitude, looking at the family emotionless.

fahim mohammed

James, thanks a lot. I shall be on the lookout for such an opportunity.

Regards.

hello fahim,
personally, i like the picture that you have posted. but, i don't see a child thinking he isn't good enough. i see a two brothers with curiousity of eachother.
but, if i was to attempt to convey this situation ..... in my mind, i see a family holding a newborn with the oldest son standing off to the side in solitude, looking at the family emotionless.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Hate at first sight....

p48788133.jpg

A really cute shot.

Still, it's sad to think that the older sibling's thoughts might have been as your title suggests.

Of course, I even got sad over the discovery that a firm that provides tracking for lost pets is called "Home Again".

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hi Doug, appreciate you looking in. I am sure he will get over his feelings as time goes by, and
starts looking after his little sister.

' home again '...reflection of our times?

Take care.

Hi, Fahim,

A really cute shot.

Still, it's sad to think that the older sibling's thoughts might have been as your title suggests.

Of course, I even got sad over the discovery that a firm that provides tracking for lost pets is called "Home Again".

Best regards,

Doug

Fahim

I respect this attempt. It is a seldom spoken of, much less captured, moment. But the subtlety of such an observation requires very tender care and so seems diluted by the distracting use of color. B&W, at least to these eyes, is a concept sharpener here. Kudos for the insight to be present at the genesis of sibling rivalry. It speaks of good photographic instincts, but with such a wispy yet significant idea one has to be careful familiarity with the subject does not trick into leaving the work of full conveyance undone.

Thank you for posting this.

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

William, thanks for your very constructive and observant comments. Very much appreciated.
Of course, a belated welcome to OPF.

Regards.

I respect this attempt. It is a seldom spoken of, much less captured, moment. But the subtlety of such an observation requires very tender care and so seems diluted by the distracting use of color. B&W, at least to these eyes, is a concept sharpener here. Kudos for the insight to be present at the genesis of sibling rivalry. It speaks of good photographic instincts, but with such a wispy yet significant idea one has to be careful familiarity with the subject does not trick into leaving the work of full conveyance undone.

Thank you for posting this.