• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snowy Hills near Tonopah

Jim Galli

Not a serious picture for me but I was out playing with the D200 earlier today. 17 images stitched for this. I don't have a fancy stitching program. Is there a good free one? I did use a tripod. I rotated over the tripod mount on the Nikon 300mm F4AF

SnowyMountainsSSS.jpg

snowy hills east of tonopah nv.

james sperry

looks good to me! not that i'm surgically disecting the image ... i don't see any ridgelines that are off, i don't see any differences in exposures with the individual images stitched together. the only thing that i would do is maybe put a warming filter on it, to negate the cold temperature blues.(unless that's what you intend for the photo to add emphasis).

which program did you use?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

I see bigfoot is there in the snowfield 2 inches from the left edge! I too have not as yet discovered what's wrong with the picture. No hills are duplicated, I have not found any smudges or seams, however, I'll report back when I have I project it on the wall of my house.

The scene well done and I do like the sharp way the mountain range and snow covering is rendered each part with a different pattern. The sky with blues and pinks is evenly illuminated. Did you use manual exposure?

This scene is nice in itself as an art print, pehaps. I think it's worth money as a background for a commercial, as one could track all the way along that scene and you have detail to spare for any zooming in. I'm not sure how this sort of material sells but I love it! It could also make a great mural with added skiers and dogs for a hotel or ski lodge.

Asher

Valentin Arfire

hi Jim,

Here you have an enchanting image.

The parallax problem appears only in the case of very near objects; one cannot see behind an obstacle without deforming both it and the background.

I suppose I don't interfere with any of the copyright and paternity rights if I post a version of this image where the Angels may have a place to be. I think the pink comes mainly from the jpg compression; changed a little the cyan and the magenta.

http://www.europhoto.ro/valentin/test/SnowyMountains-Valentin.jpg

Jim Galli

Thanks all. My monitor did not pick up any pink but that doesn't surprise me if it's there. A little work flow, yes all manual exposure and focus with about 20 percent overlap. I just used photomerge in CS3 and managed to get the right 9 to marry up. Then I had to join 2 more sections of 4 manually. The abominable was a raven about half mile away. They are abominable too. It certainly renders my old #10 Cirkut camera obsolete.