• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pot Pouri

This is a vase that my wife put together with all sorts of nice, rich, earthy colors and textures that I have always liked. I have no idea what all is in this thing but they look nice to me. I just placed it near a window, as you can see in the blinds reflected there, taking a number of different shots.
Nikon D3 and 105mm f/2.8 macro lens. f/18 1 sec ISO 200
James Newman

_DSC5198sm.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
James,

I too like earth colors. Did you hypersaturate them? Also the reflection is in the image how?

Asher

I did not hypersaturate the colors. In fact I ended up desaturating in that first one just a little. I did some slight curves adjustmemts, levels, and also shadows and highlights that probably attributed to what you are seeing. Like I said, I have no idea what all is making up these items but since they are dried vegetation of some kind, I assume they have been dyed somehow in order to have these brighter colors. The reflection is from the blinds in the window and I liked how they sort of curved around, changing direction following the shape of the glass. There is perhaps some abstract in there waiting for me to pull it out. I will have to revisit that side of the vase more. Thank you for looking and commenting.
James

_DSC5203.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
James,

This wider version works so much better as we have a context and therefore allow a new set of rules for the dried vegetation and no longer demand natural colors as we can see it in the display jar. Also the latter allows for one to add a range of lighting and to give dimension to the picture.

I like it!

Asher