• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Charlotte (Female and Flora)

Softness In Low Light

char.jpg

----

Untitled

LittleLillies.jpg

Rachel Foster

William, forgive my criticism...but I strongly suspect Charlotte is much lovelier than those images convey. I doubt they do her justice. For one thing, the darkness looks murky rather than dramatic. The flowers are not placed at the most advantageous angle, and her face has gorgeous lines not brought out in the images. The first image, for example: the dramatic hollowing of the cheek melts into the darkness and is easily overlooked.

They are, however, very creative.

Rachel

William, forgive my criticism...but I strongly suspect Charlotte is much lovelier than those images convey. I doubt they do her justice. For one thing, the darkness looks murky rather than dramatic. The flowers are not placed at the most advantageous angle, and her face has gorgeous lines not brought out in the images. The first image, for example: the dramatic hollowing of the cheek melts into the darkness and is easily overlooked.

They are, however, very creative.

Hello Rachel,

Firstly, there is nothing to forgive or to be offended by as criticism neither makes or breaks any artist or they never were one in the first place. As far as doing Charlotte justice: My concern, at least in these photos, was to do the concept justice. There are times when a model is simply a tool for my vision, not something to make gorgeous. Next, as far as murkiness is concerned: The darkness of spirit that deeply misleads and the darkness that is uncertainty and not dramatic but indeed is murky...that is what I sought and the flowers are meant to convey that even while we can be lost in such murkiness, as humans, we may still cling to what beauty remains as best we can.

So indeed, Rachel, your comments tell me that I have conveyed my concept and I thank you for them.

fahim mohammed : Agree with Rachel. To dark for my taste. reminds me of scenes belonging to 'silence of the lambs' series.

I loved that film and feel honored with such a reference, thank you, sir.