• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

View from the hut

Mike Shimwell

3331435407_8f0b87677a_o.jpg

A quick shot I caught the other day whilst heading back from the shops. The little lad was about to launch a snowball at his mother:)

The print has great depth and retains the detail in the upper dark area.

Comments welcome

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

I love natural framing like this with rich blacks and rust giving way to bright snow textured with footsteps. The figures are indeed interesting but I'd like the boy not cut off by the bench. I must admit thinking of moving the boy and repairing the missing clothes!

This picture is shows a great vantage point for candid views, around that lone bench. I'd even consider bringing a model a dusk. The line of footprints past the bench and a person on the bench are the key central compositional elements against which to locate perhaps a child leading a man with a cane through the snow. No, change it! Not men with a cane, but let’s have a model with wearing her long flaxen hair like lady Godiva. Nah, what you already have is probably far better!