• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Recent Work - My Page

Michael Zander

Hi Forum Visitors and Members,

just joined the forum yesterday and like to share recent work I did. Hope you enjoy. Critique is wellcome.

Michael

http://pano.panoshade.de/Pop-Ups/QTVRs/Home Zone/elbbergcampusiv.html
Elbberg-Campus-04-merc.jpg

http://pano.panoshade.de/Pop-Ups/QTVRs/Home Zone/elbbergcampusiv.html

Valentin Arfire

welcome

hi Michael,

Nice mercator, not necessary my favourite projection, but still very interesting.

I think I would, if may, advice the following: extract the walking person from the normal and put it in the enfused result, so we'll be sure your beautiful pano is not fiction from another universe, as the very dramatic sky would suggest.

I visited your website and saw you are a gifted and experienced panographer. I'm honored and pleased to meet you.

Valentin

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Valentin,

You just hit on something i really keep coming up against, and that is getting the software to just take a person and fit it in to an existing pnaorama with all the stairs, windows etc around the person fitting in. Once all these things are fitted, then the person can get distorted! I guess you are avoiding that. How do you get the person in? I tried rerunning APP with just that figure and APP wont trake it!

Asher

Valentin,

You just hit on something i really keep coming up against, and that is getting the software to just take a person and fit it in to an existing pnaorama with all the stairs, windows etc around the person fitting in. Once all these things are fitted, then the person can get distorted! I guess you are avoiding that. How do you get the person in? I tried rerunning APP with just that figure and APP wont trake it!

Hi Asher,

Isn't it the opposite of the removal of objects from a scene (APP Tutorial)? To add a person you'd remove the scene and the person remains. This does assume that the person was shot in the scene to begin with, otherwise there is no identical detail to blend with.

Of course if the person was shot in front of a completely different setting, then you'll need to create a more accurate mask of the person and use that to eliminate the background in the scene and superimpose the person. There would be little benefit of doing it in the pano sequence it seems, it might as well be done in post-processing on the finished pano.

Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

Isn't it the opposite of the removal of objects from a scene (APP Tutorial)? To add a person you'd remove the scene and the person remains. This does assume that the person was shot in the scene to begin with, otherwise there is no identical detail to blend with.

Of course if the person was shot in front of a completely different setting, then you'll need to create a more accurate mask of the person and use that to eliminate the background in the scene and superimpose the person. There would be little benefit of doing it in the pano sequence it seems, it might as well be done in post-processing on the finished pano.

Bart

Bart,

APP gives preference to the patterns, textures, lines, and curves that make up the majority of the picture. When there are two things, it decided to use one of them and if a person is there might just ghost them or use them. If there are enough frames then, you can paint the person white and deliver to APP a layer PNG and that instance of that person or object so marked will disappear.

I wrote to Lionel of APP and requested he had a feature where we can mark any figure we insist be shown. So far, the answer is to take away other parts so this part will be needed to complete the geometry of the picture.

Asher