• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Japan...way I saw it

fahim mohammed

My sons and their friends wanted to visit Japan. The parents only agreed if my wife and I would lead this
group of teenagers. All told 10 of us. In fact the wife and me felt left out! In such a short time 2 wks, I was informed that the group wanted to visit:
tokyo,kyoto,osaka,hiroshima,nagasaki and climb mt. fuji. Of course the nights had to be ginza and equivalent. My wife and me were clearly in the way of a lot of fun. I set the rules..no one followed them!

Some sampling of how I think of and saw Japan..country of extreme contrasts..serene,polite,religious where honor and death are frequently synonymous. Followers of the Shinto branch of Buddhism, the gentleness of which hides the bestiality of the japanese past.

p135458339.jpg

I just want to remember Japan as the politest people I have encountered and as the country which houses Hiroshima and Nagasaki and all the sadness associated with it for the mostly innocent inhabitants of those places.

p193100847.jpg

The reverence for the elderly and the dead is an integral part of being born Japanese.

p408366214.jpg

A technology powerhouse where thankfully honor, ones word and respect have not been entirely superseded by material instincts.

Best.

Mike Shimwell

Fahim

Once again you bring something of yourself as well as the images to this thread. Thanks.

I particularly like the second and third pictures, which go beyond the first in conveying something of Japan as a coutry with a unique and different identity than western europe.

Mike

fahim mohammed

Mike, thanks for stopping by. I am a simple person and I tend to get confused by complexities. I try
to keep my pics simple as that is the only way I see them.

Take care.

Fahim

Once again you bring something of yourself as well as the images to this thread. Thanks.

I particularly like the second and third pictures, which go beyond the first in conveying something of Japan as a coutry with a unique and different identity than western europe.

Mike