• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canyon Rim Details

Alain Briot

pro member
My most recent photograph from the Phase One P45 back. The lens is a Hasselblad 150mm CF :

CF008070-web.jpg

and here is a View at Print Size crop of a section of this image:

CF0870-print-size.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Alain,

Have you ever looked at how such rocks might appear if one made the diagonal lines horizontal? I'm wondering if anyone has presented their rock pictures the way the sediment was laid down millions of years ago. If you happen to find a picture that looks worthy that way, just remember to show it.

I never cease to be moved by these massive carvings of nature into arrangements that have been formed so slowly and majestically by water and wind and rain.

Thanks for sharing. The cutout adds a major reference as to how great the picture must be a print.

Asher

Alain Briot

pro member
I think the sand adds to this image. Nicely done.

Gary

Gary

I agree. I considered it important to end the image on a sand area. It closes the composition and provides a soft texture area to rest the eye on after studying the details in the image.

Thank you for your compliments.

Alain