• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Museum lights

32c85fa47d563c56f7e7c969ff8df3d.jpg

9622af9aef0db48e497bc4525d47207.jpg

Leica CL & Hexanon 2/35
Portra 800

Very interesting lighting. Is it strictly for aesthetics or does it help improve their lighting effect being oriented that way. I like your images more, especially the second one, if I rotate it 90 degrees.
James Newman

Michael Fontana

pro member
bonjour Cedric, it's at the Branly.

Yep, I found it interesting as well, but more from the upper lever than from the exhibition itself..

Michael Fontana

pro member
Cédric

unfortunatly, I didn't had enough time to look at the jazz exhibition; I went the straight to the foreign culture museum, above. I personally find the exhibition-architecture of the later quite overdone - all those thousands things that distract from the objects themselfs, trying to make kinda art out of a exhibition-architecture.

I can see the function of the filter (glass and vegetation) towards le quai - Jean Nouvel's architecture and Patrick Blanc's vertical garden are quite impressive and spectacular, but finally inside I would have liked a more direct and simple approach to the museum's items. I' m not sure that les grand gestes work for all duties. Therefore, I don't understand the needs of all this long walking untill one reaches finally the foreign culture museum.

For comparison, you might look at the Musèe Dapper, near L' étoile, yes it's more classical, but I don't mind the direct approach towards the museum's collection. Sidenote: the catalogs of thee two institutes just reflect the different attitudes, as well.