• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Railroad tracks (night shot)

How does this work out?

I shot this with a 50 mm lens, shutter speed 25 sec., aperture f/7.1 ISO-100 exposure comp. +1
IMG_0046.jpg

And this one is with a 18 mm lens, shutter speed 30 sec., aperture f/5.6, ISO-100
IMG_0058.jpg

Thanks for looking

How does this work out?

Hi Cody,

It isn't obvious at first sight that it's a railroad. Perhaps we're not used to seeing a wooden floor/passage with rails embedded. I like the perspective best in the first image, because it's unusual, but of course it wll be harder to get enough Depth of Field, so one needs to be selective. With a nice foreground one can focus on that. As for the nightshot aspect, I think you would have gotten a bit more color and shadow definition if you had shot it during twilight.

Keep it up and experiment.

Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cody,

There's something rather haunting about raiulway shots at night. There's the mystery of what went before, who came by and what and who will suddenly come towards us.

I agree that the wood in sharp focus would act as a keystone for the picture. The rails can then gradually fade to oblivion.

Asher

doug anderson

That's good depth of field for 5.6. I like this. Next time maybe shoot them more at a diagonal so that the tracks aren't centered.