• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

flower

800-4-1.jpg

Jan

Cem_Usakligil

Why not, i used light effects.
Jan
This is a very good question. Originally you have posted this picture in the Portrait in Natural Light Especially! forum. The way I see things, the picture is not a portrait and it does not belong there anyhow in case light effects have been used (note the "natural light" part in the forum title).

As you can see, if we do not know about the fact that you have used light effects, we can draw the wrong conclusions. For this very reason, posters should add a short intro to their pictures explaining why they are posting a picture. In this example, you could have referred to the specific lighting setup you have used or ask a related lighting question as to how to improve what you've done. Unless we have this information and/or questions coming from you, we cannot know that this is about lighting to start with. Now if you want to have it at the forum relating to studio lighting, then ask the relevant questions and I shall move it to the Studio, Portrait, Still Life, Lighting Equipment and Technique forum.

Gary Ayala

This is not my cup of tea. The image itself seems an overly sharpened to compensate for an originally soft image. The edges are not smooth and clean and there is a lot of white over lapping the petals on the right and bottom.

A floating flower just doesn't speak to me.

Gary

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jan,

This could even shock people in the Biannale just opened in Venice Italy. The picture would be 20 feet high and people would talk about your aggression, individuality. A lot of folk would roll their eyes and think there goes art!

Really, this is not what's expected in photography.

Could it be art? Yes, 20 feet high! Here, it does not work at all for me. Instead I see overuse of sharpening in Photoshop and a harsh unforgiving background with no modulation for my eyes.

Asher

I can guarantee you have not posted this before :)