• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Exhaustion

Rod Snaith

One of my boys after a hard days play. Three of the neighbors brought their children over to play with my animals. Sure was peaceful afterwards :)

3656518644_38ba5d13d1_o.jpg

I'm not really happy with this. I used a flash, versus getting my tripod, hence the bright spots. I was having trouble with Photoshop eliminating the overexposed areas while still maintaining color and the "flash" off the sweat. Any hints anyone would care to pass along?

Rod

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rod,

Two views:

First as a snapshot. What's to worry about? Picture works fine. Just resize it to 750 pixels wide so it can be seen on the screen with white around it! Th spots are reflections in sweat. Nothing wrong with that! It's just that the picture isn't really cute. I have no objection to the picture as a snap or memento for the family.

As a photograph to represent what you experienced: Still is this what you want? A child is exhausted. That's a whole person but maybe, for your consideration, the shape not all the fine detail is needed. Why is it so tight? This child has a whole back curved, a neck tucked in and a person holding him against the world. What have you shown? Dirt on the child's face. This however doesn't show the moment as much as the overall shape of the child, exhausted.

Asher

Rod Snaith

Th spots are reflections in sweat.

Actually it was the brightness under his eye that I was more concerned about. I couldn't figure out how to get that out of there without losing the reflections on the sweat.

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. I have a full length snap of him on the couch, however it didn't capture any of the dirt on his face or the sweat on him. He just looks like he's a normal 3 yr old crashed out on a couch. So I pulled in hoping to pick up some of the flecks on him to give an explanation for his being so completely out.

Pics been resized. Sorry about that. I keep forgetting about the 750 pixel height limit for smaller screens.

Rod

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rod,

If that's all you want, try Shadow Highlight tool in CS and then blend with luminosity with the original! :)

Asher

Rod Snaith

Excellent, thanks. I really need to spend some extra time with CS3 and CS4...

Speaking of that, I just couldn't bring out the V-dub reflection in that Z28 picture. I haven't given up though :)

Rod