• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Downtown Disney Musicians

Gary Ayala

A few snaps from Downtown Disney
Anaheim, California

578414871_rdTi2-L.jpg

Brother Yuself

578414438_psNdm-L.jpg

Wayne

578414629_UsMUs-L.jpg

another of Wayne

578414787_USLTL-M.jpg

The Tervor

more here:
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/1994648_iEDys#183664602_mRmsP

Gary

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
578414871_rdTi2-L.jpg

Brother Yuself​

Brother Yusef is positioned as if responding. The high contrast B&W works well for Jazz and the Blues.

578414438_psNdm-L.jpg

Wayne​

This picture is minimalist. We're presented with the finger positions that make the music notes shift by shortening the length of string vibrating. It's like a ladder or a railway track and either of those can evoke memories in the community of music lovers who know of the hardships that were part of the background from which the music sprung. So I find this picture to be particularly interesting. One thing that's out of place is that it's so clean! High contrast imagery gives us black or white and there are no nuances, However, that's the way it is. still, we know how the music can wax and wane, wander and warble and remember lost lullabies, so if one knows music, one will get more of this.

Gary Ayala

Thanks Asher ... those were my favs also. I was very pleased how the frets reflected the light while all else just sucked up what little light was available. As for Brother Yuself, hard to go wrong with either an image or a song with Brother Yuself.

183664602_mRmsP-L.jpg

G

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher ... those were my favs also. I was very pleased how the frets reflected the light while all else just sucked up what little light was available. As for Brother Yuself, hard to go wrong with either an image or a song with Brother Yuself.

183664602_mRmsP-L.jpg

G
Do you have a link to the music?

Ken Tanaka

pro member
These are all, of course, wonderful images, Gary, as appropriate for the long-time pro snapper that you are.

Images #1,2, and 3 are particularly good for reducing the subjects to their essential graphical elements, very much like the work of Ray Metzker and several of his peers from the old Institute of Design days circa 1950's.

Compared to the current "high dynamic range" post-processing fad this type of imaging never gets old. It takes strong lens skills that can't be bought as a Photoshop plug-in.

Thanks very much for posting these, Gary.

Gary Ayala

These are all, of course, wonderful images, Gary, as appropriate for the long-time pro snapper that you are.

Images #1,2, and 3 are particularly good for reducing the subjects to their essential graphical elements, very much like the work of Ray Metzker and several of his peers from the old Institute of Design days circa 1950's.

Compared to the current "high dynamic range" post-processing fad this type of imaging never gets old. It takes strong lens skills that can't be bought as a Photoshop plug-in.

Thanks very much for posting these, Gary.

Thank you Ken ... I had to take a re-take to make sure it was my post ... thanks so much.

Gary