• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Traffic Jam in Leysin

fahim mohammed

Here we are in Alps. The wife called from about 2500 mts of rock. It has been raining and I choose to relax watching the rain at the front of the hotel.

Things were quite and there came this tractor carrying timber. There was a flurry of activity. I luckily had my camera with me and just watched the swiss driver and his mates saunter into the hotel asking for the owner of the merc. he had gone for a day's hiking.

french/german/italian/romanishe slang, cursing ensued and i was not looked upon kindly clicking my camera! I told them i only understood arabic, which was a good call.

i left them gesticulating with eachother, hands, mouth, and feet flying to go into town in the rain. I thought that was safer!

Sitting in town at a coffee bar about 3 hrs later I saw this same vehicle sauntering down the street, which happened to be having roadworks done with a steam roller in the middle of the street! But that is another
episode!

p150691898.jpg

Leysin can have its traffic jams too!

Regards.

Michael Fontana

pro member
Bonsoir Fahim

I hope you enjoy it, even the wheater is a bit off. I hope you' ve a nice view of the Mont Blanc.

Nice truck.... and yes, the woodworker might be rougher than other people, sometimes ;-)

BTW: I doubt they were speaking romanish luanguage in Leysin - its the wrong aerea and anyway spoken by 35'000 people only, in 5 pretty different dialects. I speak two of them.

fahim mohammed

Good evening Michael,

yes we are having wonderful time. It has been raining though and not only Mont Blanc, but the houses
down the hill are invisible due to mist/fog/clouds. Wonderful though.

I am not used to walking too much and what with the rain and hilly terrain, I don't know whether i am coming or going! besides the road signs are so numerous that i think it better to photograph them in this weather.

But, what a beautiful country!

p691235015.jpg

I do not want to take the wrong road! Arabic helps, in a different kind of way!

Best.

Nigel Allan

errm...I am new here and wanted to comment and contribute, but all I see is 'content protected by owner'

First question: how do I get to see the shot?
Second question: How do you lock up your pictures like this in case I ever wish to do it?

thanks
Nigel

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

Hi Nigel. Welcome to OPF. Sorry I screwed up and have to repost the picture for you to see it.

I host my pictures at zenfolio and the have a feature wherein I can protect pics or galleries of my choosing.

My apologies again, I shall post hopefully by tomorrow, sunday.

Regards.

errm...I am new here and wanted to comment and contribute, but all I see is 'content protected by owner'

First question: how do I get to see the shot?
Second question: How do you lock up your pictures like this in case I ever wish to do it?

thanks
Nigel