• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Prosthesis

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

Just finsihed working on this shot:

3739534657_bfbdc6b44a_b.jpg

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone is interested, more information is provided over on my photblog with respect to the lighting setup etc:

http://www.imagespike.wordpress.com

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Fiorda

Overall I tend to like this. However, the prothesis is very difficult to see due to the vignette and her left leg is almost undiscernable by me.

Tony...

Matt Halstead

Overall I tend to like this. However, the prothesis is very difficult to see due to the vignette and her left leg is almost undiscernable by me.

Tony...

Thanks for the comment Tony. On the original psd the legs are visible, but with jpeg conversion details have been lossed ie gone darker...ggrrr!

charlie chipman

Thanks for the comment Tony. On the original psd the legs are visible, but with jpeg conversion details have been lossed ie gone darker...ggrrr!

I get that as well when converting for small web size, sometimes I will run a highlight/shadow adjustment on the web version to compensate for the loss of detail in the resize. I think she is lit well but agree the lower part of the image is a tad dark.

I like this picture and the concept. The model, her outfit, the location, your lighting, etc. work very well together. Thanks for sharing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi guys,

Just finsihed working on this shot:

3739534657_bfbdc6b44a_b.jpg

Matt Halstead Prosthesis

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Matt,

Let me commend you on this original idea and its execution. A picture like this makes us feel good. Here's a girl with a leg missing, a replacement on the floor, yet she's feminine, beautiful, vulnerable and invulnerable. We immediately feel great that we are not compelled to feel sorry for her but proud of her dealing with adversary. At the same time, we say, thank God for what we have and take for granted, all the precious life around us that's so vulnerable to harm. The black gloves and lace brocade makes her seem to be behind a confessional. Look in artistic nudes and see if you can find pictures by Leonard Boher that seem to connect with this.

Now Matt, what will be next in this series? Isolated, it's not yet done!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael Nagel's picture here, (post #28), brought me back to this post. There's a connection between shadows of iron and the material of this dress.

Asher