• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Irma

Model : Irma

Shot yesterday during our glamour workshop.

Canon 5DMKII / 70-200 f2.8 IS L
Irma_25_Juli_2009_Canon_173.jpg

Irma_25_Juli_2009_Canon_139.jpg

645AFD/III with Leaf Aptus back / 105-210AF
Irma_25_Juli_2009_48.jpg

Irma_25_Juli_2009_45.jpg

MvrGr.
Frank

Hi,
The lamp is the mainlightsource indeed.
With the standing shot a very slight modeling lamp of a striplight was added for a very slight fill in of the shadows.
But this is barely visable.
However as always it's always in the fine details :D

Shot yesterday during our glamour workshop.

Canon 5DMKII / 70-200 f2.8 IS L

Hi Frank,

What's up, 5DMKII ;-) ?

Just some of my first impressions, after all critique is easy especially during a workshop session ...

Not flattering for the model, double chin.

I'm a sucker for subtlety! Where does the power come from (rethorical question, although some might want to know)?

645AFD/III with Leaf Aptus back / 105-210AF

Ah, Leaf, now we're talking ... ;-) However, the elbow is cropped to close for my taste. The shoe gets away with the close crop because it's dark and thus draws less attention.

Very powerful crop. Although it's tight at the top, because the light/dark areas are appox. in a golden section proportion, the image survives.

Thanks for sharing your images on OPF.
Bart

Doug Kerr

Hi,, Frank,

Irma_25_Juli_2009_Canon_139.jpg

Irma deux, vraiement douce!

For those who are interested (still? yet? ever?) in whether "fine art photography" means:

•photography that qualifies in its own right as "fine art', or
•photography of art, which photography itself qualifies in its own right as 'fine art'
•photography of fine art, which photography itself qualifies in its own right as 'fine art'
•photography of fine art, which photography itself does not necessarily qualify in its own right as 'fine art'
•something more nuanced not lending itself to a succinct definition (yea, perhaps not to definition at all)

But in any case, I believe that we can certainly admit the above photo to the genre of "fine figure photography".

Congratulations.

Best regards,

Doug