• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Put this 1934 Hudson in a nice place for gawdsake! Retouch request!

Just wondering how this works.
004pwj.jpg

Thank you for looking
Cody

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all.

There's a gas sign growing out of the hood, and the background is totally distracting. It might have worked if you had gotten closer and shown us more car and less ugly background.

Car photos like this work only if the viewer is interested in the car, not the photo.

Daniel Buck

I agree. The only thing really visually interesting about the photograph, is the car itself. The photograph looks like a quick snap. Beautiful car though :D

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just wondering how this works. Thank you for looking,

004pwj.jpg

Cody White 1934 Hudson

I like the car. It's well restored and the pain color is not totally outlandish as it might be. I happen to lile Lilac colors, a personal preference as there were the passion of a beautiful woman I once new.

Of course, this is intended to be a photograph of a fine car, as opposed to a fine photograph. Still, one can go a long way in improving the interest in the picture. Everything but the car can readily be removed with simple selection tools.

This car can then be put up on a mound or slight hill to get the angles right and it would look 100 times better. The car can be made to gleam with adjusting the curves and one can add reflections of trees or a sunset. It's just progressively more work but nothing too difficult.

I'm not saying one should do it, for if the intent is to show the car that was towed from your front yard, it works. It's fun and maybe a stimulus to look at how cars are photographed for classic car shows, like the one at Carmel or commerical ones like the ones Daniel Beck has done.

Asher

I agree. The only thing really visually interesting about the photograph, is the car itself. The photograph looks like a quick snap. Beautiful car though :D

You are semi correct on this as being a quick snap. As I was on a mini vacation I was pressed on time. So I really didn't care how or what the background was at the time.
A person can get caught up in the beauty of a fine car, and completely forget about other aspects of a photo.

If I had the time and owner's name I would really like to do a proper shoot of this car.

And if any one would like to play around with this photo Feel free to PM me you email and I will send it to you.
And Sorry in advance, But I only shot this in JPG format.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
File Available For Edit!

Give us a great car in a new background. Remember that the car is raised so keep that in mind when replacing the landscape!

Here's the JPG file of the 34 Hudson to optimize according to your best tastes and skill!

Anything you wish, background, reflections, tires etc. note that you many have to clone a wee bit of running board.

Watch for the edge of the car when it's cut out so dont make it too hard.

Good luck! :)

Asher

Last edited: