• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beautiful in the Winds of Time

Charlotte Thompson

All comments are very welcome-

DSC_0050-3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Charlotte,

Of course we love the little girl and we can see her grow before our eyes. here the title suggests time and the wind is b lowing her hair. However, I find the sharp focus of her right eye distracting and bears no apparent relevance to the purpose of your picture in the title. I'd really prefer both eyes and lips in focus in focus or blurred. Just one eye popping at at f 4.0 is disconcerting. One more thing, that is perhaps more important to me than to most, the tight crop does not, IMHO, contribute to delivering on your theme, promised in your attractive title.

It's a great subject to think about, the winds of time!

Asher

For me, the one eye in focus is a perfect visual dichotomy that matches the fact that she is facing a sadness the equivalent of a battle between obscurity and clarity. Thus you have the beauty within the winds of Time, a poetic concept whose romance lies in a graceful struggle, not within unabated happiness. A great and deep window into a young mind facing what she has to.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher and William

thank you both for your reply
and
William, yes I think you understand exactly the thought, title and romance of the shot

Charlotte-