• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Socket

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

just finished working on another image:

3808759769_3b1d8ec46b.jpg

Best viewed big HERE

Any C & C would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Matt

Read about this shot and others at my Photoblog:

Imagespike

Hi,

I like this pic but some things disturb me :
- i don't understand the title (but maybe because english is not my mother tongue)
- i found dark areas are too dark here, i'd like to see more details in the shadows, ie this man's body

What was your idea here ?

Cedric.

EDIT : i had a walk on your photo-blog and i liked it ! I first found your images too much processed and digital, but you have your own style and at the end there's a real coherence within all these pictures, it's very interesting. Do you print them ?

Matt Halstead

Hi,

I like this pic but some things disturb me :
- i don't understand the title (but maybe because english is not my mother tongue)
- i found dark areas are too dark here, i'd like to see more details in the shadows, ie this man's body

What was your idea here ?

Cedric.

EDIT : i had a walk on your photo-blog and i liked it ! I first found your images too much processed and digital, but you have your own style and at the end there's a real coherence within all these pictures, it's very interesting. Do you print them ?

Hi Cedric, this shot is a self portrait, with the intention being to create a disturbing photo...something for which i hope I have succeeded!

I'm glad that you liked my blog, post processing is a massive part of my digital workflow, a fact that I openly acknowledge, but it has enabled me to develop my own unique style.

I do print many of my pictures as on print they look soooo much better.

(re: the title Socket, this relates to an eye socket, the cavity in the skull where the eyeball is contained :)

Aïe, i wasn't joking, i made a neologism... I sure knew the word "socks" but in french we say "sockettes" for short socks so i confused the two things... Sorry

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Mon Français est courtoisie de Babelfish.

What an unusual, disturbing image. Haunting. It needs pondering before I can add much more. It certainly gets one's attention.

For all, searching for a good tool to translate words (not sentences), I strongly suggest http://www.wordreference.com/

They do:

Spanish:
English to Spanish
Spanish to English
French:
English to French
French to English
Italian:
English to Italian
Italian to English
German:
English to German
German to English
Russian:
English to Russian
Russian to English

English Only: English definition

They have also a very powerfull forum when you can ask questions and get fast accurate answers…

Hope this helps (I should use it more ofently ;-) frequently?

... this shot is a self portrait, with the intention being to create a disturbing photo...something for which i hope I have succeeded!

Hi Matt,

You certainly have. Well done! Did you combine 2 images, or was the drooping eyelid photoshopped with a liquify function?

I've been considering a similar (but different) 'shocking' idea for some time now, which I yet have to shoot and processs. I'll share it on OPF when I've done it.

Bart

Matt Halstead

Hi Matt,

You certainly have. Well done! Did you combine 2 images, or was the drooping eyelid photoshopped with a liquify function?

I've been considering a similar (but different) 'shocking' idea for some time now, which I yet have to shoot and processs. I'll share it on OPF when I've done it.

Bart

Hi Bart, the shot was a combination of images, very easy to do but very effective. The shot was also extensively post prcessed working on skin tones and texture.

I look forward to seeingt your shot

Mike Shimwell

MAtt

ignoring the eye for a moment - the skin in this one looks less aggressively processed than some of your other work, although the eyes (well your right eye at any rate) have that piercing look that we often wish we could muster in reality:) Can you explain why the slight change, if indeed there is one.

Cheers

Mike