• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: In The Cover

Dwayne Oakes

Thanks for taking a look !

-Nikon D80/Nikkor 18-200mm VR/Nikon Capture NX2
-1/80 second @ f/5.6
-200mm
-ISO 200
-Ev -2/3

p886712721-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes In The Cover

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for taking a look !

-Nikon D80/Nikkor 18-200mm VR/Nikon Capture NX2
-1/80 second @ f/5.6
-200mm
-ISO 200
-Ev -2/3

p886712721-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes In The Cover

It's so interesting to me that you backed up on your exposure by 2/3 Ev. I do the same thing quite often in natural scene shots. Also you didn't use a higher ISO to chase after less movement with a faster shutter speed!

Still, it's perfect! This is the most wonderful drawing of a dear in its world with curls everywhere. The swirls of the undergrowth is matched by the circular shaped in the deers head, neck and body. What a delight. I'm so glad you approached this with a camera and not a hunting rifle!

Your processing of midtones is effective. Kudos for your steady hand and good eyesight!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Hard to get subject

I love the composition, although i am sure the deer did not give you time to pose her. Nice light and framing.

I was lucky earlier this year when a deer stood still on the side of the road in the Cascade Mountains and then walked up to the car I was in, the camera was ready and she looked directly at me and held still for several minutes until the dogs in the car decided to try to give chac=se and all pandemonium broke out. The deer left and so did my friend, who was driving.

Dwayne Oakes

Thank you very much for the comments everyone, I appreciate it !

You got to love VR technology (1/80 second @ 200mm)

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes