• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

EOS 5D Mark II Firmware Update Version 1.1.0

Cem_Usakligil

Hi folks,

Some of you might not yet be aware of the fact that there is a new firmware (1.1.0) available for 5DII. It is mainly geared towards film fans such as I, who could not set the exposure (ISO, aperture, shutter speed) in movie mode of the camera. Now it is possible to set the exposure manually, which is a great step forwards. Also, auto focusing during filming works if one uses the Live AF mode (i.e. the contrast AF). The firmware contains the following changes:
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.

1. Includes a function to enable the manual exposure setting when shooting movies. *For details on how to use this function, please download the PDF files from the bottom of this page.
  2. Disables the function of the depth-of-field preview button when images are played back or when the menu screen is displayed on the LCD panel.
  3. Fixes a phenomenon where the peripheral illumination of images cannot be properly corrected, even if the images were captured with the lens peripheral illumination correction function set to Enable. *Digital Photo Professional software version 3.6.1 or later (for Windows and Macintosh) can be used to automatically correct the peripheral illumination of RAW and JPEG images that were captured in the Peripheral illumination correction setting with cameras that have Firmware Version 1.0.7 or earlier.
  4. Fixes the algorithms of the Auto Lighting Optimizer function when Custom Function C.Fn II-3 Highlight tone priority is enabled.
  5. Fixes incorrect indications on the Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, and Ukrainian menu screens.
  6. Changes the battery information displayed on the camera when using the optional Battery Grip BG-E6.
I have installed the new firmware on my 5DII and it has all gone very smoothly. The manual adjustment possibility during filming is a big relief. One small nit to pick is the fact that one cannot choose the usual frame rates such as the 24p or the 25p PAL. But I hope it will be in the next firmware for 5DII now that the 7D is out there and can do all that easily ;-).

The firmware can be downloaded here.

Cheers,