• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Wolf

Rick Greely

Just thought I would share
DSC_1917.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rick,

That guy is totally snuggled up to sleep. Who's think this is a hunter! I don't think it would be right to crop this picture further as one might be tempted. One might think that the left blur should be removed or the lower edge to emphasize the subject and get rid of distraction.

However, this is a case were I'd even go wider; the wider the better so that the animal is naturally more challenging to find. That's the point.

Asher

Rick Greely

Asher,
Thanks for the comments. This is "as shot" so another shot would be necessary to get a wider view. I will keep that in mind the next time I an chance to shoot. Again thanks for taking time to comment.

Rick Greely

Asher,
After my previous response I went back and looked at what other shots of this wolf I might have and found this one.
DSC_1932.jpg
is this a wide enough view or would you have gone even wider? Thanks for your thoughts.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just thought I would share

DSC_1917.jpg

Rick Greely Wolf Sleeping 1

Asher,
After my previous response I went back and looked at what other shots of this wolf I might have and found this one.

DSC_1932.jpg

Rick Greely Wolf Sleeping 2

... is this a wide enough view or would you have gone even wider? Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi Rick,

My thoughts are just from one perspective, as a nature lover, I like to think we can allow the creature some world of their own top fit in, something they belong to. For a wolf in the winter, the snow-covered wilderness makes perfect pictorial images. It's much harder here when there's lush evergreen foliage. This picture set is not the typical animal glamor shot where one sees a perfect creature devoid of distraction. Here one can enjoy the totality of the resting, rather hidden wolf in it's tranquil moment.

You first picture has that wild look, but we do see his face. That adds some verve to the experience. The second shot is wider and I like it but the face is unfortunately covered by a branch. I must admit to wanting to clone it out, but that's just me and my lack of total truthfulness in photography.

Good hunting; for sure you will astound yourself if you keep up with this!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Yep, a nice picture, I do prefer the 1st one though it is a bit too soft for me…
A little sharpness would keep the quietness of the scene but would enhance the "presence" of the guy… imho

I concur with Nicolas. Love the setting and mood, which wouldn't be disturbed by a little added sharpness in the wolf. Also prefer the 1st.

Thanks for sharing!