• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two totally random shots

Well, technically they both fall into my endless "TO sunset" series, but this time their are a bit unconventional.

Don't ask :)

Double reflection:

96079085-L.jpg

Fall is coming:

96079110-L.jpg

Canon 30D + EF-S 17-85 IS USM, full manual, f/22 at 1/10th, handheld.

No PS, ACR RAWflow only:)

Enjoy random pictures!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not "Random", Nikolai; not by any measure!

I'd like to see the pictures from which these were transformed, but I don't need to in order to say whether or not I appreciate them.

The first picture has an forceful compositional effect of movement, forceful pushing from the left.

I do enjoy the first. Titles would certainly help. This helps direct the attention to a narrower field of intepretations and might help with meaning.

Asher

Asher,

the originals were SO bland and boring that I would be purely ashamed to show them to anybody, esp. here.:)

I think I gave those images titles, didn't I?
Why these ones - "don't ask", I felt moody:)

Thanks for looking and commenting!!

Asher Kelman

An excercise please, Nikolai, just to humor me!

What do you feel and think about when you look at the first picture.

Just look again and right down the words.

Your likes are not random, just as you are not random, even when drunk!

The main work of one's fully active brain is only accessible through minor and sometimes temporary vents to let out a little at a time so we become aware.

However, your choices, are not random although what you play with might seem so.

So see if you can dig out some feelings and associations.

Asher

Oh, you're going the full Rorschach on me, aren't ya:)

Well, since I actually took the original image it's rather hard for me to ignore its dull reality.:)

Having said that...

I see someting out of this world, something cosmic... Supernova...

Also something powerful, military maybe...

A shield, or some sort of armor, or a hull, supported by some mighty contraption..

Things like that:)

---

So, how did I do?;-)
Totally insane or some ample sedative might still cure me?:)

Also, shall we start a "guess what it really is" thread, or it's plain obvious?:)

Asher Kelman

I would imagine, Nicolai that the massive fire and destruction informed you as you "fiddled" with a "crappy" picture and then stopped and said this does something for me.

Actually, inside your brain, your own vaulues, fears and history debates and measures the images you play with, so your final choice is no way random.

It appears to me hterefore, entirely understanding that you would see something powerful there that has tremendous effect on a scale almost unimaginable.

So "Cosmic Shield" might be a title I'd understand or "Shield for a Firestorm"

The latter indicates some irony, since there is really no shield, but a hope there would be one,

Anyway, a great fire does bring out some questioning of our own fragility, when everything we value, the land and life itself can be consumed in its path.

I find the first image so powerful that I will not get engaged with the second.

Asher