• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Landscapes from Qinghai, China

Ong Kay Swee

These are some of the landscape shots from my trip to Qinghai in China back in 2006. They were shot in color film with my X-pan and scanned with Epson V700. Some post processing was done in Photoshop to improve the color and contrast.

Hope you like them.

#1 - The Qinghai-Tibet railway.
This shot was taken in early May 2006 when it was newly completed and undergoing test runs.
The rail service commenced on 1 July 2006.

3941883172_b38dda0152_o.jpg

#2 - The Kunlun mountains.
The Qinghai-Tibet railway is visible as a black horizontal line about a third from the bottom of the picture.

3941103307_e2086a175b_o.jpg

#3 - The Kunlun Fault
This lake was formed from the fault resulted from an earthquake many years ago.

3941102921_bb3f9926d7_o.jpg

#4 - The Qinghai Nanshan mountain range
This mountain range is located somewhere south of the Qinghai Lake, China's largest saltwater lake.
The original color shot is not impressive so I decided to convert to b & w.

3941883410_b065709040_o.jpg

Thank you for viewing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is your first name Ong?

So greetings and a hearty welcome on behalf of the OPF community. We're delighted to see your impressive landscape image of China. What a good way to introduce yourself!

Welcome,

Asher

Ong Kay Swee

Is your first name Ong?

So greetings and a hearty welcome on behalf of the OPF community. We're delighted to see your impressive landscape image of China. What a good way to introduce yourself!

Welcome,

Asher

Asher, thanks for the encouraging words. Ong is my surname. We Chinese usually place the surname in front. You can call me Ong, as my friends do, or you can call me Kay Swee, either way it's ok.

Daniel Buck

the 2nd image is my favorite, it's beautiful! It almost looks like something out of parts of the American west desert areas!

Thanks for sharing :)