• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Bicycle man

Another after work shot... Evening atmosphere in automnal Paris.

dd12ef44846ceba1e22322ccfa1777f.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cedric,

Before we comment, could you post a version with the face of the stature figure opened up a tad and also the person walking away in the distance might be made clearer.

I ask this as the meaning of your photograph might depend on these features, which are right now somewhat lost!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cedric,

Before we comment, could you post a version with the face of the stature figure opened up a tad and also the person walking away in the distance might be made clearer.

I ask this as the meaning of your photograph might depend on these features, which are right now somewhat lost!

Asher
Hi Asher,

I see where you are coming from and it is indeed helpful to have a version as you describe. OTOH, I do not think that it is entirely necessary for us to enjoy this fine picture.

@Cedric: I like the image, especially due to the corridor of light into which the man is going. Also, the tonality of the sky and the Eiffel tower is very nice. We then see two statues (lion and the man with a sword towards the right) and a landmark column to complete the picture. I am imagining that this guy is totally oblivious to this extraordinary scene before him and he just worries about the dinner. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Asher,

Ok, i see what you want... It was not my initial purpose but i could try.. tonight for instance (it's early morning here and i am going to go at work).

Cedric.

Mike Shimwell

Hi Cedric

I'm really with Cem on this one - you can open the shadows, but I'm not sure you need to. I like the evneing atmosphere and too much light breaks that down. I suspect you'd need to do little to the original to make a good print however.

Nice moment, but I think you were waiting in place with the positioning of the Eiffel Tower and the pillar adjacent:)

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem and Mike,

I think you are right so i finally made a mix between the two first versions, to keep these evening shadows :

c7b479645bab8805297164079e83fd1.jpg
I like it Cedric, don't mess with it too much (unless it doesn't print well enough without further adjustments, as written by Mike earlier). It is very good as it is :)

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Cedric, I like the first one as is. It captures the ambience of Paris as I remember it and as I want to remember it. In Paris, one should let that which is unseen be an inspiration of it and make one wonder about what it could possibly conceal... the mystery showed be revealed slowly and gently.

But across the pond, there seems to be too much haste!

Well done.

Cem_Usakligil

.... It captures the ambience of Paris as I remember it and as I want to remember it. In Paris, one should let that which is unseen be an inspiration of it and make one wonder about what it could possibly conceal... the mystery showed be revealed slowly and gently...
Very well put.