• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi I'm Leonardo Barreto

I have posted a few times and was asked to introduce myself, so I will do it now.

I'm originally from Nicaragua, but live as a "trotamundo", but I looked it up and there is no word in english, but comes from "trot" and mundo is world, world trotter. My wife works for UNICEF and I construct my tent wherever we have to go, like Nicaragua, NY, Tokyo, Guatemala, Ecuador, Mexico and now back to NY.

I studied journalism while working as a newspaper photographer and war correspondent in my country. After I studied at ICP in NY, worked for magazines, had my commercial studio that had to be left behind to go to the next station and studied art and painted for the last couple of years.

Now I NY I want to go back to photography while continue to paint and be a father to my almost-5-year old.

So that is it basically

you can check my site at http://leonardobarreto.com/ (any problem with the site, talk to the webmeister -- me)

Martin McLean

Hello Leonardo,

Welcome to OPF. I have been following your posts in MF forum with much interest, as I am interested in art reproduction. Thanks for posting your views and insights.

-M-

Martin, I'm researching the feasibility of one shot back compared to the scanning back and was accepted in the Betterlight forum although I don't have one. The thread has been really interesting and I have learned some things, I think that I will copy it in one document and if you want can email it...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Leonardo,

We all are waiting to know what you'll buy.

Meanwhile, we'd like to see the pics from you S. America travels!

Asher