Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Photojournalism - Street - Documentary

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM

Default A story is told

of a child. It is said that there once lived a young child, long time ago; amongst the people of the valley
and the mountains.

The child had heard of a magical land, beyond the mountains. Stories of large birds that flew the people
over the land, the rivers whose waters made music. The trees that grew to the sky; and would bend so that the fruit could be plucked by man.

The child longed to see that land, beyond the two mountains; was it true?

The day came when the child crossed the mountains to find out what lay beyond.
He found nothing. He had stopped being a child. The child had grown up.

The innocence of a child had been lost. The child had become a man. And the land?
That is another story, for another time. Does it exist? Ask any child.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM

Why not ask any man? I hope we don't loose that kid who wants to believe into the impropable as we grow up. Or if we do, that we can rediscover him later on.

Fahim, this is one fantastic landscape. The jagged mountains drew my attention. Certainly one of those places on earth where you can admire nature's beauty and feel terrified at the same time.
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmo Juntunen View Post
Why not ask any man? I hope we don't loose that kid who wants to believe into the impropable as we grow up. Or if we do, that we can rediscover him later on.

Fahim, this is one fantastic landscape. The jagged mountains drew my attention. Certainly one of those places on earth where you can admire nature's beauty and feel terrified at the same time.
Jarmo, thank you so very much for stopping by. And your kind words.

Jarmo, I fortunately get to be a child almost everyday..telling stories to my grand children. I guess the world itself has grown much older.

My best regards to you.
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:10 AM

Fahim

Incredible beauty
what a fantastic shot!!! Magic my friend-

Charlotte-
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Fahim, a wonderful magical image of an ancient place that your story does well to enhance.

It almost seems churlish to raise technical points but I wonder whether the image could be improved. Perhaps you may prefer to leave things as they are but I suspect the image could improve from holding back the bright mountains in the background and also the sky, even say 20 or 30%. Probably easier to do in Vivesa than Lightroom or Photoshop. Then maybe subtly brightening the foreground and mid-ground. And maybe hold back the sharpening on the stupa (if that's what they are) and the near left rock, where there are halos.

Just as it is, though, it remains a magical image that makes you want to step into it and explore the buildings.
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte thompson View Post
Fahim

Incredible beauty
what a fantastic shot!!! Magic my friend-

Charlotte-
Charlotte.

Thank you very much for your lovely comment.

My best wishes to you and yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Foote View Post
Fahim, a wonderful magical image of an ancient place that your story does well to enhance.

It almost seems churlish to raise technical points but I wonder whether the image could be improved. Perhaps you may prefer to leave things as they are but I suspect the image could improve from holding back the bright mountains in the background and also the sky, even say 20 or 30%. Probably easier to do in Vivesa than Lightroom or Photoshop. Then maybe subtly brightening the foreground and mid-ground. And maybe hold back the sharpening on the stupa (if that's what they are) and the near left rock, where there are halos.

Just as it is, though, it remains a magical image that makes you want to step into it and explore the buildings.
Hi Murray.

Point well made and I shall work on the image as suggested.
Thank you for taking the time to comment and the valuable suggestions.

Best regards.