• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A tiny selection of great photography to comment on!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
To make it easy for you to see the quality of recent work, here's just a small representation to ponder and comment on:

One meaningful thing we all can do is to take responsibility to give meaningful honest feedback that encourages further posting.

Enjoy,

Asher

Andy brown

They are all very good.
I particularly like the first image from the backyard series of the praying mantis.
I love the way macro can transport you to another world. Rarely do you take such an intimate look at something like an insect without the lens as portal.

Rachel Foster

These are an amazing set of images.

But.. I tried looking at them first as if others took them (which they did) and thought them wonderful. Then I tried to look at them as if I had taken them and I found them far less wonderful. This has gotten me to thinking....and I will start a new thread on this.

John Angulat

pro member
Asher,
Is there any possibility we can modify the forum's code to allow for rating a particular image? In my limited use of the forum I believe we can only rate a particular thread.
I don't know where you are going with this, but an image rating may make selection easier.

Rod Witten

pro member
Asher,
Is there any possibility we can modify the forum's code to allow for rating a particular image? In my limited use of the forum I believe we can only rate a particular thread.
I don't know where you are going with this, but an image rating may make selection easier.

I like the rating suggestion. Do you see one overall rating or several sub-ratings ie, composition, lighting ..... ? Also, how about a rating for the person providing the rating; novice ........... expert based on previous judging experience.