• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Levitation

Nigel Allan

DSC_0432.jpg

Nigel Allan: Look dad, I can fly - 1

DSC_0450.jpg

Nigel Allan: Look dad, I can fly - 2

Nigel Allan

That's interesting Cody. I deliberately didn't explain anything about them as I wanted to see what instinctive response you would get.

The fact is they are both of my daughter jumping on her trampoline which is cropped to make it appear as though she was somehow superimposed.

I was just firing off shots for fun and never even bothered to look at them till recently and when I played around with the crops I thought they looked interesting and yes absolutely fake as if I had somehow used Photoshop to superimpose her in the scene. The fact the she looks 'out of place' is what makes this interesting to me if you get my drift, because without realising there was a trampoline she also looks too high for a real person to jump.

And that's why I put it in RISKIT!

I am cr*p at digital PP anyway and wouldn't know how to superimpose her in the scene and I dont know how to do selective B&W but since she is wearing pink and blue and the trees are green I selectively desaturated colours she wasn't wearing to get this effec. It is not black and white but colour with greens and yellows turned to zero

appreciate your taking the time to comment

PS COME TO THINK OF IT I SHOULD HAVE POSTED THIS AS A POLL: REAL OR FAKE to see what people's reactions would have been

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
DSC_0432.jpg

Nigel Allan: Look dad, I can fly - 1

Nigel,

I immediately fell in love with this picture. I recognized her from the rafting pictures and obviously she's athletic and to me this was a trampoline shot. There was just one of superstar conductor, Gustavo Dudamel leaping up Frank Gehry's iconic boat-sail styled, steel Walt Disney Concert Hall building.

I especially like the picture because it looks natural and shows the joy of having a family where one can share experience like this. I saw this as most natural, like a bird flying in my garden to visit.

Asher

Last edited:

Jim Galli

This is such a fun picture. Everytime I look at it, I want to erase everything behind her and put her on a broom. She's a lovely girl! Who said witches had to be ugly.