Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Uptown: Explore at your risk! Beware! You hold OPF harmless by you participation! > Photography of Strife, Disaster, Rescue and Hope: empathy, yes, but no propaganda!

Old August 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM

Default A question for Asher!

Do war photographs qualify?
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

Every picture you have posted has been fascinating. You have done well in all your tours! So, I'm intrigued. The picture of the woman in the street getting water from a faucet is such a remarkable contribution.

With respect and kindness,

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:15 PM

What I had in mind, was to show a collection of cemeteries from across the worlds of soldiers fallen in Battle.

Of old soldiers in Britain from my time in Chelsea and the barracks. I had the cemeteries, and i had pictures of the wounded. Those that had served with honor for their respective countries. Those that had died with honor. Those that were either dead or dying. Wounded and old. T
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:04 PM

In order not to inadvertently and unintentionally offend any members and/or viewers of the OPF
Forums and to respect everyones sensitivities I have decided not to post any pictures in this thread
and under this title.

In any case the photos would have been of old honorable men and women along with their children and their grand and great grand children.

The title in and of itself has raised some eyebrows. With this in mind, I have made my decision.

Thank you.
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:53 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

Don't feel pressured either way. I'd love to see the picture, but I can already imagine them and put pebbles on the stones to remember the young men.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.