• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Working with the concrete truck

Antonio Correia

360789166_sNgoP-L.jpg

360788481_KtZkQ-L.jpg

fahim mohammed

Antonio,

Well captured. if I might make a suggestion, cement and concrete feel gritty to me and I would capture
them with a micro/macro showing all the roughness,dirt,grime and the workers rough hands. In
bw preferably with high contrast.

The gentleman in the picture seems more like a model to me than a concrete worker :)

Take care and thanks for sharing.

Antonio Correia

Antonio,
Well captured. if I might make a suggestion, cement and concrete feel gritty to me and I would capture them with a micro/macro showing all the roughness,dirt,grime and the workers rough hands. In bw preferably with high contrast...
I agree that this can be a point of view... :)

...The gentleman in the picture seems more like a model to me than a concrete worker :) Take care and thanks for sharing.
Excuse me but that depends of what you are used to see, I mean your social environment. :)
He was not a model at all. The man was doing his job.

Thank you for your comment. :)

Nill Toulme

One these trucks recently collided with a prisoner transport vehicle in downtown Atlanta. Two hardened criminals escaped.

;-)

Nill

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Book

Antonio,

I have been following your working people's project. I hope that your collection will be published - even if just for you in a Blurb type book. These images are a wonderful compliation of the lives of working people who would not normally be the subject of a photobook. This is a very special collection of images.

Antonio Correia

Antonio I really like your processing of that last shot. Details please.

Nill

Thank you Neil for your attention. :)
I adjusted the foreground to begin with, I mean the man and the car.
The original photo - raw - has the sky and all the background almost burned.
With Lightroom 2 I made some adjustments in that area and I could get something out of it as you can see.
Then, I made some cloning on the guy and car to get some detail because it was gone with the darkening of the background... or at least some part of it, mainly face and sweater.
Then, I adjusted the Saturation and Recover until I got this.
I made some athor adjustments I can't precise. Sorry.
I can go and see if you wish. ( I am at work now and no LR2 )
All in Lightroom 2. Simple, and pleasant to work with.
:)

Antonio Correia

Antonio,

I have been following your working people's project. I hope that your collection will be published - even if just for you in a Blurb type book. These images are a wonderful compliation of the lives of working people who would not normally be the subject of a photobook. This is a very special collection of images.

Good morning ChatKat. Thank you for following my work on... work :)

The day after tomorrow I am going to shoot again someone working in the building construction.
I will - as usual - post it here.
In fact, I am going to make a book of some of these pictures. Not to sell no, because noone would buy it but for myself.

I have not begun it yet but I thought I should because it will give me far more work when I arrive to the 500 ed images... :)

Thank you for commenting and looking... or the other way around LOL