• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

SINAR M: Greetings from Photokina in Cologne

Hi Folks,

it is strange to be back in Cologne after such a long time in deed, and i really look froward to go back to my place in Ireland again. <grin> Big cities are just not my cup of tea.

A day before I went here, I went up to the sea cliffs to take a picture with the SINAR M and the 28mm lense attached. So I hauled the gear up and made a 12 picture panorama, admittedly not the best light, but it was my first time anyways to shoot a pano with this outstanding camera. 12 shots 1/30s @f18

Yesterday morning we printed it on the brand new EPSON 9900.

8fed19a8fec6f8dca01d7ae4d353beca6g.jpg

As Asher pointed out in another thread already, and I would fully agree, the S2 from Leica is one of the biggest surprises in deed, a bold move and excellent news for people who were looking for alternatives to traditional medium format, if you can call mfdb technology traditional already.

Personally I think, Leicas move to protect the S2 from the elements is excellent, something I was hoping for since the beginning of this year when I looked around for alternatives to DSLR limitations.

The sensor will be around 56% larger than 35mm sensors, and I have little doubts that the file quality will be very competitive to the existing options on the market.

Last not least, as we know, the sensor alone is only half the game, the lenses are the crucial factor, and beyond doubts, Leicas expertise will provide best of class options for those who decide towards this system.

Apart from that, weather is nice in Cologne, Koelsch tastes as good as ever <where is my aspirin>, and I better run now, a long list of meetings is ahead.

So long
Georg

P.S.

Loko, Thierry, in case you read that here.

sigh..... How dare you sending me the M.... flippin Hell.... how can I ever live without her again.... <smile>