• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A less than humble apology.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Seems like I'm a fish out of water once more.
I thought The South African was a newcomer. I didn't realize he'd been around that long. I should pay more attention to the wall flowers. So, when I see his CV I thought it was an introduction.
Being one to be at the door when someone knocks, I greeted him in the normal way.
Turns out he was introducing himself to the crowd next door; an appropriate choice on his part since he's trying to flog a few prints. I'll admire his work and even hang it if he gives it to me but only those fro the more salubrious side of the neighborhood would buy one and gloat on how much they spend and how individual their print is. "Only five printed" which sort of defeats the purpose of the negative/positive process so thoughtfully invented by Talbot all those years ago.

No, David, I won't be going to the exhibition. I know my place. I'm sure everyone will have a fine time. Asher will ensure that.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Seems like I'm a fish out of water once more.
I thought The South African was a newcomer. I didn't realize he'd been around that long. I should pay more attention to the wall flowers. So, when I see his CV I thought it was an introduction.
Being one to be at the door when someone knocks, I greeted him in the normal way.
Turns out he was introducing himself to the crowd next door; an appropriate choice on his part since he's trying to flog a few prints. I'll admire his work and even hang it if he gives it to me but only those fro the more salubrious side of the neighborhood would buy one and gloat on how much they spend and how individual their print is. "Only five printed" which sort of defeats the purpose of the negative/positive process so thoughtfully invented by Talbot all those years ago.

No, Dawid, I won't be going to the exhibition. I know my place. I'm sure everyone will have a fine time. Asher will ensure that.

Tom,

You were fine! Your hosting at the door is appreciated and the vocabulary is an awakener, your own intentions honorable, and your language charming, (except Darwin humor could be mistaken for "Kiwi Rugby football parlance", where "**** off!" no longer means, "I am about to pour you a beer!")!

I appreciate your welcome and Dawid does too!

I'm sure you'd have a lot of fun at the show. It's just a non stop from any major Aussie City and for you I'd clear out the boxes in my print room and get back the bed!

Asher