• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Why Do We Post Images? What should we expect?

Lee Tracy

Asher, I was not commenting on OPF policy as to what should or should not be allowed.

I was asking a hypothetical question I feel we should all ask ourselves: why do we post? Is it to show off? Is it to get praise? Is it to receive feedback to help us grow? None of us are immune. We all have an agenda or motivation for posting. It's about self observation and analysis.

I think it is interesting to question our own motivation so we know what we want to get out of the experience...and all that follows

Good question!

Why do we post...I guess part of the answer is that art seems to require a viewer. Someone has to look at it for a sense of completion from creation to viewing.

Then of course there is need for acceptance - someone to say 'hey you did good', which is why feedback is so ticklish to get right.

Receiving feedback is important for some, not for all. To that end I think one should state if one wants feedback or not 'cos people can't guess.

Why do I post? To share, mostly to learn through feedback. And sometimes to just get a feel what is preferred. Ultimately, if you are going to be successful (however you measure that) there have to be enough people who like what you do.