• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Self-portrait in limbo

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Nor did I, Doug. Nor did I.
Which is why I took the shot.
I was at the end of a corridor where one wall was was mirrored. The section on the left is the 'reality' of my existence, with contemporary abstracts and an exit in cases of emergency. The section on the right is the mirrored 'reality', caught in the old world of painters I love but with only a camera with which to express. And finally a small reminder in the top right that this reflection is only that: a reminder of the place from which I came.

For those who are still confused, this is not a diptych as suggested by Doug. It is a single shot.
It's one of those times when you tell people "you had to be there"
Cheers Doug
Tom

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi Tom

No it doesn't Tom. It requires a lot of concentration and difficult to do.

James

So it seems, for others. Not for me. One face does all. Which is probably why, when speaking in public, my humor appears as insulting. Combined with a propensity to speak my thoughts, I am responsible for sending small children running, rendering babies scared shitless, receiving abuse from l'il old ladies in shopping malls, being questioned by police just for waving at them, totally confusing teenage louts, relatives cutting me of their dinner list and do-gooders wanting to cheer me up or council me or, worse still, convert me to the latest 'happiness' fad.
What's your daily face usage look like, James?

James Lemon

So it seems, for others. Not for me. One face does all. Which is probably why, when speaking in public, my humor appears as insulting. Combined with a propensity to speak my thoughts, I am responsible for sending small children running, rendering babies scared shitless, receiving abuse from l'il old ladies in shopping malls, being questioned by police just for waving at them, totally confusing teenage louts, relatives cutting me of their dinner list and do-gooders wanting to cheer me up or council me or, worse still, convert me to the latest 'happiness' fad.
What's your daily face usage look like, James?

Hi Tom

I would describe it as skeptical!

James