• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Five men And a woman

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Six very intimate and private moments photographed by me also having a private moment.
There is no intention to have this photo taken "for the general good". It is for my own satisfaction.

19395957912_e77ea23ce0_c.jpg

_DSF4314

by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Six very intimate and private moments photographed by me also having a private moment.
There is no intention to have this photo taken "for the general good". It is for my own satisfaction.

19395957912_e77ea23ce0_c.jpg

_DSF4314 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr}​

The initial impact is superbly arresting with bold and attention getting black marks - a thick diagonal shadow descending from the upper left and a dark silhouette of a person in the mid right.

Asher

Jerome Marot

Me, too. There are some extra legs to be seen on closer inspection as well.

That would be the fifth man I counted. I suppose it is a man, because of the type of the shoes. I see one woman on the left, a group of 3 men in the middle, a silhouette of a man with the shoes of another man behind and a woman sitting next to the hidden man.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
These shots are very ordinary. They offer no excitement or classical beauty. They could well be taken by 'one of my students' although most would probably do better.

For want of a better word, this and many others is a Series I seem to have accumulated over the years.
They stem from my strange way of looking at the passing parade in the street.

Some years back I noticed this sort of plastic, mundane, dull appearance of some shots I took. I first thought it might be my undoing as a photographer but then an idea came to me. I'll pretend I'm doing it on purpose. People with hail me as an innovator (or an idiot). Either way, there might be something in it.

It seemed the camera was deciding what to shoot, not me. The 'moment' passing was the thing, not the subject matter. Like a still shot from The Truman Show, everything and everyone had their place on the stage and I just happen to be there with the camera. Like Xmas window displays. Sort of a hybrid mess of Parr and Eggleston.
Anyway, the result of all this is a few years of playing with the idea. Mind you. Most viewings I get result i comments like Fahim's.
But I never give up hope that someone will say something profound about them, hand me a few million and take the lot off my hands.
Even the beloved Christine has refused to allow any of them to be hung during the redecorations.

Such is life.

I'll post a few more. Talk to be.

_DSF4226 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​