• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My feminine side

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I tried for my feminine side again but could only come up with Myra Hinkley.

SUSPENSION II

_DSF4785 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Tom,

Your sense of humor seems mean and sick here! You didn't merely suspend the flower, but did it in by hanging, garrotting the plant to extinction!

I don't like it at all since it seems to give a rude finger to Maggie's Terlecki's delicate and far more sensitive picture. You are sinking back to your rougher caustic side!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom,

Your sense of humor seems mean and sick here! You didn't merely suspend the flower, but did it in by hanging, garrotting the plant to extinction!

I don't like it at all since it seems to give a rude finger to Maggie's Terlecki's delicate and far more sensitive picture. You are sinking back to your rougher caustic side!

Asher

You have no idea what I'm thinking, Asher. Stop being offended for other people. Besides, what etihical law do we know have to abide by that will prevent artistic expression. Moma did an exhibition on photographs inspired by art. I have the book if you want a read. You might find some other cause to be offended for.

Andy brown

I saw it a different way Asher (and correct me if I'm wrong Tom)....and BTW Tom's sense being mean and sick ,...stop with the flattery already!

I thought the image was quite wonderful, the perfect bloke's attempt at the same thing.
Maggie's is like a woman's touch at making the bed, lush and seductive, pillows fluffed to just the right amount.
Tom's is like a bloke's effort, lift the doona on the fartsack, spray a bit cheap cologne to mask the musk. hey presto!

Bravo!

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

I don't critique your bent flower shot on behalf of anyone else, nor with respect to anyone else's imagined sensibilities. I do not compare it to any other particular work. I do not consider it in the light of any imagined moral or ethical guidelines. I do not consider it in the light of any purported photographic imperatives. I do not pretend to recognize your motives in making this work. I do not take into account anything I might know about the photographer, a very talented one. I consider it as it appears on my screen.

That being said, I don't like it.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi, Tom,

I don't critique your bent flower shot on behalf of anyone else, nor with respect to anyone else's imagined sensibilities. I do not compare it to any other particular work. I do not consider it in the light of any imagined moral or ethical guidelines. I do not consider it in the light of any purported photographic imperatives. I do not pretend to recognize your motives in making this work. I do not take into account anything I might know about the photographer, a very talented one. I consider it as it appears on my screen.

That being said, I don't like it.

Best regards,

Doug

I had you in mind when I took the photo, Doug. Every step taken was to achieve a single outcome: Doug must not like this photo.
I have achieved my goal.
Cheers
Tom

Charlotte Thompson

Holy crap now I'm afraid to say anything! Naw just kidding.. Males and females have both sides ok…now on with the photo…I do not see just female I see both since we are both to some degree. I like this a lot. The black ground lends strength to the bent" flower. the flower almost seems overpowered by the dark however suspended in it- Cool effect,

Charlotte-

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Don't like it too much, Charotte. It's just a play around. There might be an idea in there but it's poorly executed. I don't get serious about flower photos. Or cat, children, birds and waterfalls.
Ash was right. I was taking the piss. He's always right, except when he's wrong, but he's never wrong. Yeah! Right!