Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Art from Found Photographs

Art from Found Photographs Sadly, works get forgotten. A good eye can bring new life if one has humor, knowledge and vision. The used pictures must be either yours, from the public domain or legal rights of usage having been obtained. Be prepared to explain image sources without being defensive or mad at the moderator. This does not diminish your art, just helps with historical provenance.

Old December 20th, 2014, 05:57 PM

Default Thank You Ladies, Exit Stage Left

With all the attention to WW1 during the past year, I found a Library of Congress photo of women stretcher-bearers with the British Army Auxiliary that deserved a 21st century breath of air. Cheers, Mike

Old December 21st, 2014, 03:53 AM

Upon viewing this image again, it seemed ungainly and hard to read the content of the lower half. So here's a version split into two images with a stronger background in the lower. I hope you get the message I wanted to convey. Cheers, Mike.

Old December 22nd, 2014, 11:35 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

A great salute to unsung heroines! Well done!

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 03:41 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Actually, I managed to read every word in the original. Who did the writing? It's a blast - sad and chilling as well as a salute the innocence wasted on battlefields by men in pin-striped suits with exclusive club memberships!

I am moved and impressed.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.