• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Go out and shoot: "Lunch with friends"!

ba0e8da3606fc1c159a51718a686f9e.jpg

Canon G11
RAW file processed in C1 Pro

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Tanaka

pro member
I'm a mug for reflected window street scenes so I like this, Cedric. The 3D quality added by the perspective and the repetitive pattern, and white board, really emphasizes this. The postures of the pedestrians is -almost- dead enough to sell the automatons-in-metropolis image...but they were ever so slightly too animated for perfection.

The interior scene is basically invisible and doesn't really contribute, does it?

This stuff is harder than it seems, eh?

Mike Shimwell

Hi Cedric

Bringing out the diners is a great improvement, and I agree about the 3:2 framing - i'ts more dynamic. My GX200 is left at 3:2 unless I want to shoot square format.

Mike

Mark Rohlf

the diners and the 3:2 are both great improvements. One little nit-pik I noticed ... when you added the diners to the mix ... is it just my monitor, or did you notice the contrast level degraded a bit? I wonder if you bump that contrast a bit more ... it would make another improvement.

the diners and the 3:2 are both great improvements. One little nit-pik I noticed ... when you added the diners to the mix ... is it just my monitor, or did you notice the contrast level degraded a bit? I wonder if you bump that contrast a bit more ... it would make another improvement.

Hi,

Indeed, i reduced contrast because i wanted a softer and a flater picture, to get a better mix of the differents reflections.