• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Old Boy

Andy brown

DSC_8040%20old%20boy%20cropped_zpsr3ri9s6o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Often, these regal cats don't get to die peacefully. Sooner or later, in the wild, some upstart males challenge the king and he either vanquishes them or is humiliated and even seriously wounded. In the end, when he's weak enough, the hyenas or a pack of dogs might get him!

I guess this fellow is in a zoo ore game park and protected!

Asher

Andy brown

He's very much in the wild Asher, Kruger NP.
He was still hanging in there. He was part of a small pride who'd just made a kill, a big buffalo. The blood on his face made me think he'd been part of the action and the lack of blood on his chops indicated he hadn't even eaten. The old bugger was intent on mating with his lioness who wasn't quite ready for his advances and he was very polite about it. Despite that battle weary face there appeared to be a fair bit energy left in him.