• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gear Talk

James Lemon

I recently purchased a Voightlander R3M body. No software, no batteries to charge up and best of all there aren't any wires to deal with. Just load some film and go! of course you have to make a decision about color or B/W beforehand. So if you are addicted to chimping this kind of camera is not for you.

i-RLx3Cn8-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I recently purchased a Voightlander R3M body. No software, no batteries to charge up and best of all there aren't any wires to deal with. Just load some film and go! of course you have to make a decision about color or B/W beforehand. So if you are addicted to chimping this kind of camera is not for you.

i-RLx3Cn8-L.jpg

Jim,

An excellent choice. What lenses do you have for it? Will you process your own film?

Asher

fahim mohammed

This lens is a Leica 50mm APO Summicron -M f2 ASPH and a Leia 50mm summilux f/1.4 ASPH . I use a Lab in the city that offers great services .

Congratulations James. A wonderful set-up.

Possibly the best 50mm lens ( M-50/2-apo asph; much smaller and lighter than the Otus by Zeiss; more expensive though ). And the lux 50mm asph is once again a superlative lens; bar none.

May you enjoy your purchases for a long time to come.

Take care.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This lens is a Leica 50mm APO Summicron -M f2 ASPH and a Leia 50mm summilux f/1.4 ASPH . I use a Lab in the city that offers great services .

Jim,

What film will you use and could you share the different characters of the two lenses?

Asher

James Lemon

Congratulations James. A wonderful set-up.

Possibly the best 50mm lens ( M-50/2-apo asph; much smaller and lighter than the Otus by Zeiss; more expensive though ). And the lux 50mm asph is once again a superlative lens; bar none.

May you enjoy your purchases for a long time to come.

Take care.

Thank you for stopping by Fahim! The APO really does compliment my Leica Monochrome but the summilux draws so nice. I shall research this Otus lens by Zeiss. I owned a 21mm Zeiss that I used on a different camera system and it was a beautiful lens.

James Lemon

Jim,

What film will you use and could you share the different characters of the two lenses?

Asher

I am using Ilford delta 400 it has a very fine grain structure but I would like to try some Ilford HP5 because I love more grain. I haven't shot a full roll with the APO on the voightlander yet. The APO on the Leica Monchrome is awesome because of the cameras high resolution abilities. The lens is super sharp across all apertures but these lenses are designed to shoot wide open especially if you want to capture the most resolution possible. I love how my summilux draws; it is a light vampire on the Leica Monochrome- being f/1.4 and the bokeh is king. There is some light fall off in the corners from f/1.4 to about f/2.8. I like this imperfection! Subjects really pop out given the right lighting and distance and I really really like the tones of the summilux.