• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mechanic

Antonio Correia

The garage is very dark and throught it's large door the Sun comes in from the South. It was in the morming and the Sun was not very hight at this time of the day.
No, that is not correct.
The entrance is not very hight and the quantity of incoming light is not very huge as we could suppose by the position of the large star and the time of the day. This time - for a change - I was using the two flashes both on stands triggered by remotes non TTL (I am missing now it's name/brand) with the Canon 5D + 24-70 f/2.8 L USM as usual these days. The 580 EXII was with an humbrella and all the shots were done with the light throught it. No ETTL then and all Manual flash. I am using Lightroom now and I converted two pictures to B&W. Some minor adjustments were done later.
355137683_6rkoP-M.jpg
355134261_aHBHe-M.jpg
354973127_48YJg-M.jpg
354969602_B8wDU-M.jpg

Antonio Correia

Hi António, I like how you managed to maintain that atmosphere, while using flash. I especially like the portrait, image number 3. Great shot, good composition. Bart

Thank you Bart.
Curious how so many people like shot number 3... :) :)
He was working and I told him: Look at me.
Previously I had told him: When I call you, look at me.
:)

Doug Kerr

Hi, António,

The garage is very dark and throught it's large door the Sun comes in from the South. It was in the morming and the Sun was not very hight at this time of the day.
No, that is not correct.
The entrance is not very hight and the quantity of incoming light is not very huge as we could suppose by the position of the large star and the time of the day.

Lovely work.

The B/W doesn't seem to work real well here - I think there is insufficient contrast to exploit that mode.

Regarding the content, in number 4, I hate to see the use of pliers (rather than a wrench) on the bleeder screw - but from the use of the "cheater" (the pipe used to increase leverage) perhaps we can conclude that the bleeder screw had been previously "buggered" and so perhaps the pliers were then only practical answer!

Antonio Correia

Hi, António, Lovely work. The B/W doesn't seem to work real well here - I think there is insufficient contrast to exploit that mode. Regarding the content, in number 4, I hate to see the use of pliers (rather than a wrench) on the bleeder screw - but from the use of the "cheater" (the pipe used to increase leverage) perhaps we can conclude that the bleeder screw had been previously "buggered" and so perhaps the pliers were then only practical answer!

Curious how people react to the same photos.
Some just love it. Some just don't.

I myself think that the B&W are very nice. And it was a simple work to do. Almost no almost.
Just Lightroom in one of it's mode and here we are.

About the mechanic. I really don't know anything about this area and I don't care if he was using pliers or not. LOL LOL

Anyway, I told the guy that he should use gloves because the contact with oils is hazardous for Health. He just told me he had been working this way all his life... and he was not going to change now ...
What can we do to mentalities this way ?

Thank you for commenting :) :)