• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography Support Fund: Father of precious child needs our support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Kiiroja

Still here...just busy...things have been great and with the ability to get around i can now do jobs not so close to home...
Thanks Again...
I will be posting some major works on Monday-Tuesday

Still here...just busy...things have been great and with the ability to get around i can now do jobs not so close to home...
Thanks Again...
I will be posting some major works on Monday-Tuesday

Hey Keith,

Just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with your daughter, and you and your partner as her parents. You're surely going through some rough times, both physically and mentally. I hope Rhiannon is making some progress in recovery, however slow it might be. I'm happy your professional activities seem to be picking up some, or maybe a lot even.

Hang in there, and let Rhiannon know that there are people from far away countries that wish her all the best. Looking forward to your works.

Kind regards,
Bart

Aly Stalboerger

I am new here and after reading this heartfelt story of compassion through adversity and struggle I was brought to tears~~~tears of sadness and tears of hope....

You can count on me for a little donation! Absolutely!!

Your family is in my thoughts, Keith!!! Your daughter is beautiful!! I, myself, have two little girls and can only imagine what you and your significant other are going through....My heart goes out to both of you!!!

Take CARE!! And I, personally, can't wait to see the work that you have been up to!

Rachel Foster

I'm so frustrated! I'm waiting for PayPal to send me an email telling my what my password is. Will send a bit IF PayPal ever gets it together!

What a beautiful child! What a blessing she is!

Dick Ginkowski

I got a weird E-mail a few minutes ago:

On Aug. 16, 2007, you sent a payment to kiroja_fund@mac.com .

The funds have been returned to your account.

This payment was returned for the following reason(s):

kiroja_fund@mac.com did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process.

I hope that's cleared up soon!

Also, I E-mailed Asher twice but he never answered. :(

How is the equipment situation?

A couple of us wrote Canon CPS about the possibility of loaning equipment to Keith. Did anything come of that?

Good luck!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Dick,

Thanks for sending the donation but you made an error, there are two i's in Kiiroja! :)

Anyway, no money came in neither did your emails, of course! Please resend it with the correct spelling! :)

Keith needs lenses. If someone has extras for Canon, then that would be a help! He can take the ones for the smaller sensor as he has the 20D, his last camera! He borrowed Sigma lenses but they wanted them back the beginning of september.

We have only about $160 in the kitty, so further contributions are welcome!

You're a great bunch,

Asher

Dick Ginkowski

Payment resent.

I previously posted about this at: http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111032

I also wrote the publisher at Newsday but did not get a response:

Maybe you can pass this along to your photo department about a Long Island Photographer who has had to sell/give up virtually everything because his eight-year-old daughter has leukemia:

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3758

Perhaps the photo folks could help this guy make some connections either for assignments or to borrow equipment or something. I wrote Canon Professional Services about him.

Any of us if we lost our work and/or insurance could be in this guy's shoes.

Thanks.

(P.S.: I live 800 miles away, don't know this guy and have no personal connection.)

Asher Kelman

Home Stretch!

Thanks Dick and everyone else on your generosity and big hearts! Again I'm behind in sending thank you notes. It's because I like a lot of you am really busy with responsibilities of getting photographs out!

I am happy to report that Rhiannon has gotten over her recent setback when she was hospitalized and then held back from school to protect her from infection. Keith has the 60 days money due issue and his first payments are 30 days later than the NET 30 days he billed! You've asll been there. He'll get $2400 on the 15th of October, enough for the October rent and electrivity. Meanwhile we only have $240 to send him. His delviery of several other shoots will put more money in the pipeline.

I have held off selling the photography donated until there was enough for a small collection. I'll try to put that together shortly and if anyone else can donate prints that will be great too.

Bottom line is that we hope to get $1400 in the next few days! Can we do it? It's up to you!

So if you have not already contributed, then doing so now will be a great, great kindness and appreciated. Keith has the work to get himself back on track.

Make your PaYPal payments to kiiroja_fundATmac.com or PM me for details. (replace AT with @ of course!) If you have any Canon lenses to donate or fine photographs or photographic art, consider that too! I can cover money I know is coming if you want to send a check. For that PM me!

Asher :)

Keith Kiiroja

while trying to lift my spirits a friend of mine came by with his equipment this past week and we went on a hike...I managed to catch this little bugger...no pun intended...while on that trip. I had to take a lot of time to get this shot off since the thing would not stop moving. If you can believe it was shot with a 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens...yes, that is how close I got. I watched its patterns and waited and waited...impressed? I know I was...

ButterflyOPF.jpg

also, on a side note...I really want to thank you all for your continued efforts and support despite the lack of my posting here. All I am trying to do is pick up the pieces with my family and work. You will see a lot more of me to come right after October weight is lifted off of my shoulders. Just have to keep on truckin'.
Thanks Again.

Asher Kelman

Thanks so much Charles! We need and value every donation and am so proud to have people here with big hearts!

Asher

Thanks also with the guidance and inspiration your photography has given to photographers getting their start! Your work and patience is an inspiration!

Keith Kiiroja

I would just hope there are generous people, like us, around to help should I ever need it.

I know if I were in a position to help you (should you ever need it) I certainly would do all that I could to help. Even if it were not monetary, I would put time in for a good cause to help the good people who have been helping my family.

Asher Kelman

.........and others too!

One remarkable thing about Elephants, Hippotomi and Apes like man is their compassion to the wounded and hurt even for the bones of their kind, such is their devotion and love.

"Love your neighbor as yourself" The Bible

"Scatter your bread apon the waters" King Solomon

IOW "Be nice to others in the tour bus"

Asher

Asher Kelman

Everyone,

We're pleased to update all of you who have so generously donated to support Keith and his daughter as well as those who have followed the story with your prayers and kind thoughts. Good news!

Rhiannon is now much stronger and is in school. She is not as yet cured, but she is able to be with friends and at home with her family and off chemotherapy for now. Keith now has a vehicle and a steady job enough to support his family modestly.

This has been a very rough ride and I know that without all the pouring in of support, we could not have put the family on their feet again.

This was a much larger effort than I first imagined, requiring a lot of hand-holding and time and I am pleased we are where we are.

I can't thank you enough for being there ready to help so much for someone you have never met.

we are no longer accepting more donations at this time. I didn't want to be holding funds that have no specific line item to allocate the funds for. This was a special circumstance and we are not currently in a position to extend this effort to other people in need although that is always at the back of my mind for the future. If we did that we'd organize the structure specific for that purpose.

I'll have a final report available shortly for those who donated.

Thanks!

Asher

I am happy to know that we were able to help Keith through a rough patch and that he's getting back on his feet again.

Thanks Asher for all your hard work to make this happen.

janet Smith

pro member
What wonderful news, I'm absolutely delighted to hear that Rhiannon is well enough to be back in school, and that life is slowly improving for Keith and his family, what an absolute pleasure to have been able to help a little.....

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks for all the generous donations… The fund is now closed to further donations.

Thanks for all the generous donations. Your kindness and reaching out to another photographer has been a strong support. The effort was successful and we were thus able to pay for medicines, rent, utilities and other necessities to get the family over this hardship! The fund is now closed to further donations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.