• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pro Photo

Kevin Stecyk

Does anyone know what happened to Pro Photo website?

For the past several days, it appears that its registration has elapsed. The person who purchased Pro Photo home likely paid some significant dollars as Drew, who was the prior owner, was asking $40K for the website. So I doubt that Mike (the person who bought it) simply forgot about it.

If Mike is no longer in a position to run and operate the website, Asher you might wish to see if you can get your hands on it. It has/had a lot of valuable content in its archives. I suspect that the advertising dollars it generated more than paid for its maintenance.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

For the past several days, it appears that its registration has elapsed. The person who purchased Pro Photo home likely paid some significant dollars as Drew, who was the prior owner, was asking $40K for the website. So I doubt that Mike (the person who bought it) simply forgot about it.

If Mike is no longer in a position to run and operate the website, Asher you might wish to see if you can get your hands on it. It has/had a lot of valuable content in its archives. I suspect that the advertising dollars it generated more than paid for its maintenance.

Kevin,

I wonder too. Sometimes it seems to work and other times, up comes a link to"whois"!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Kevin,

If Mike is no longer in a position to run and operate the website, Asher you might wish to see if you can get your hands on it. It has/had a lot of valuable content in its archives.

And, in its older and darker parts, some fascinating fairy tales about white balance.

Best regard,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Kevin,

I sent a note and we'll see if I get a response.

The website was used to market Drew's color adjusting inventions and the like. What Mike's intentions were I do not know. Does anyone know anything about him?

Asher

Kevin Stecyk

All I remember is that he had some big plans for the site that never materialized.

You might try contacting Drew. He would at least have his contact information.

Kevin Stecyk

Hi Doug, I never visit the homepage and have the forums page bookmarked. Are you able to contact the "owner" from the homepage. And, I agree. It seems odd that the main page works while the forum doesn't. This stuff is beyond me.

Kevin Stecyk

I tried the contact form. I somehow think that it'll never be read.

I also tried logging in on the contact page. That failed miserably.

Kevin Stecyk

Hi Asher, I didn't follow your questions. If OPF went where? You mean OPF went down? Then, it would deny users access to the content.

How was what doing in recent months? Pro-Photo was dead, in terms of participation. I would literally browse the site every few months. There was just one person who would participate on a regular basis. His participation was in the form of asking questions. Doug probably knows who I am referring to.

Does it matter that Pro Photo forums is offline? Yes and No. Yes, in the sense that it has a large body of knowledge that users contributed over a long period of time, even before Drew's ownership. No, in the sense that the site had become a ghost site.

I am not sure if I answered your questions.