• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

40 years old bookstore

Antonio Correia

Culsete is a bookstore in Setubal commemorating his fourtieth anniversary. For this date the owners asked a small group of photographers to make a commemorative image about the bookstore itself having in mind a collective exposition.

At first I wanted to show the duality between the book in paper and the virtual book, the e-book. The one we can read holding it at the corner of the seating room or from our computer, iPad or Kindle in the cafe or at the beach.
You know what I mean :)

I tried but I did not succeed on my task. I had an idea but it turned to be really poor and I gave it up.
Then it happened something curious: When I was making some (fool) images of the book store the grand daughter of the owner came in and seat for a while looking at a book.
When I saw that, I immediately realized that my photograph was there right in front of me.

I wish I would have done 12 / 20 final images with the child but I had no time. I wanted to make a project out of this theme but it was not possible for various reasons like for example the child would not be "available" more then at the moment.

I made the image herewith. I am aware that it has lots of grain/noise. But what the heck ?!
I have printed it in a A3+ and it is very nice. I do like it. And you ?

Critique is most welcome.

BTW: I just subscribed to the Cem's thread which I will be reading some times. I want to know the guide lines by heart !

Olhares sobre a livraria - kind of: "other ways to see a book store"

i-bxjzpg7-XL.jpg

Katie Bishop

I like how she's essentially framed by books. I think something nice and simple like this says more about the book shop than anything else.