• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Horror story

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
It happens quite often that a link to a page of a website becomes invalid for a certain number of reasons…
Each time you get a not very "sexy" 404 error page.
If you handle your own website yourself, it's not so difficult to bring some humor to relax the unfortunate viewer.

So I did…

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,

It happens quite often that a link to a page of a website becomes invalid for a certain number of reasons…
If you handle your own website yourself, it's not so difficult to bring some humor to relax the unfortunate viewer.

So I did…
Very nice.

The film does not start by itself here. I have to lay the mouse pointer on the frame before it starts.

Nice work.

Best regards,

Doug

StuartRae

Hi Nicolas,

Nice one!

Quite a while ago I found a collection of error messages written in the style of Japanese haiku poetry (each poem has only 17 syllables; 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, 5 in the third).

The two which refer to 404 errors are:

The Web site you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.​

and

You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.​

Regards,

Stuart

Jerome Marot

But "404" were quite sexy cars... ;)

error404.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Stuart,

Quite a while ago I found a collection of error messages written in the style of Japanese haiku poetry (each poem has only 17 syllables; 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, 5 in the third).

The Web site you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.​

and

You step in the stream,
This page is not here.​

Those are exquisite!

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Stuart,

The Web site you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.​

and

You step in the stream,
This page is not here.​

Those are exquisite!

Best regards,

Doug

nicolas claris

Hi, Nicolas,

Very nice.

The film does not start by itself here. I have to lay the mouse pointer on the frame before it starts.

Nice work.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi Doug
thanks for stopping by and the feed back although strange as the video should start automatically… Can't explain why, maybe a browser compatibility issue?
Kind regards

nicolas claris

Hi Nicolas,

Nice one!

The Web site you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.​

and

You step in the stream,
This page is not here.​

Regards,

Stuart
Hi Suart
thanks!
Poetry, in text, was avoided for translation reasons… and I had Romain's video already done and ready to use!
This video was made for a competition on Dailymotion, it got more than a million viewes!

These texts are quite nice BTW!